stable.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: "Pali Rohár" <pali@kernel.org>
To: Greg Kroah-Hartman <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org>,
	Sasha Levin <sashal@kernel.org>
Cc: "Marek Behún" <kabel@kernel.org>, stable@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Backporting armada-3700-rwtm-firmware DTS changes to stable kernel
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2021 00:25:59 +0200	[thread overview]

Hello Greg & Sasha, I would like to ask you for your opinion about
backporting DTS patches to stable kernel which allows usage of hwrng on
Marvell Armada 3700 devices.

Driver is already part of 5.4 kernel, just DTS bindings are not there.
I do not know if such backport is suitable for stable kernels. In file
https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/process/stable-kernel-rules.html
is written that "New device IDs and quirks are also accepted" where
"device id" could mean also small DTS change...

What do you think? Question is about these 3 small commits:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=90ae47215de3fec862aeb1a0f0e28bb505ab1351
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=46d2f6d0c99f7f95600e633c7dc727745faaf95e
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=3a52a48973b355b3aac5add92ef50650ae37c2bd