Am Donnerstag, 11. Februar 2021, 11:29:33 CET schrieb Rolf Eike Beer: > I'm just guessing, but your build error looks like you are also > cross-building the tools, which is wrong. You want them to be host-tools. > So don't export PKG_CONFIG_SYSROOT_DIR, it would then try to link target > libraries into a host binary. I have looked again how I do it: # this is for additional _host_ .pc files export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=${prefix}/lib/pkgconfig Then have a target-pkg-config, so this code inside several kernel Makefiles will work: PKG_CONFIG ?= $(CROSS_COMPILE)pkg-config And then export your PKG_CONFIG_SYSROOT_DIR and the like inside that. I bet you have all of this already in place, so just remove the SYSROOT_DIR from your kernel build script and things should work. Eike -- Rolf Eike Beer, emlix GmbH, http://www.emlix.com Fon +49 551 30664-0, Fax +49 551 30664-11 Gothaer Platz 3, 37083 Göttingen, Germany Sitz der Gesellschaft: Göttingen, Amtsgericht Göttingen HR B 3160 Geschäftsführung: Heike Jordan, Dr. Uwe Kracke – Ust-IdNr.: DE 205 198 055 emlix - smart embedded open source