Stefan Wahren writes: > Since release of the new BCM2835 PM driver there has been several reports > of V3D probing issues. This is caused by timeouts during powering-up the > GRAFX PM domain: > > bcm2835-power: Timeout waiting for grafx power OK > > I was able to reproduce this reliable on my Raspberry Pi 3B+ after setting > force_turbo=1 in the firmware configuration. Since there are no issues > using the firmware PM driver with the same setup, there must be an issue > in the BCM2835 PM driver. > > Unfortunately there hasn't been much progress in identifying the root cause > since June (mostly in the lack of documentation), so i decided to switch > back until the issue in the BCM2835 PM driver is fixed. > > Link: https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/issues/3046 > Fixes: e1dc2b2e1bef (" ARM: bcm283x: Switch V3D over to using the PM driver instead of firmware.") > Cc: stable@vger.kernel.org > Signed-off-by: Stefan Wahren Acked-by: Eric Anholt I wish someone with firmware source had the time to look into why using open source drivers to drive this hardware was failing, but I don't have that time or code any more.