stable.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Jordan Leppert <jordanleppert@protonmail.com>
To: "stable@vger.kernel.org" <stable@vger.kernel.org>
Cc: "regressions@lists.linux.dev" <regressions@lists.linux.dev>,
	"labre@posteo.de" <labre@posteo.de>,
	"davem@davemloft.net" <davem@davemloft.net>
Subject: Re: Crash on resume after suspend (5.17.5 and 5.15.36)
Date: Wed, 04 May 2022 16:38:01 +0000	[thread overview]

Some info I missed out, and some I've discovered:

1. This causes my system to completely freeze such that I need to reboot to recover

2. There are no system logs from the crash, in fact absolutely no logs from the resume at all, the last logs were of the computer going into suspend

3. I've found that I can prevent this crash by unloading the atlantic module before suspending (modprobe -r atlantic)

4. Also, if I take the v5.17.5 tag of the kernel and revert the commit mentioned in my first email, this also prevents the crash

Regards,
Jordan