On Tue, May 25, 2021 at 01:05:53PM -0500, Mike Christie wrote: > The next patch will add new ioctls that allows userspace to create workers > and bind them to devs and vqs after VHOST_SET_OWNER. To support older > tools, newer tools that want to go wild with worker threads, and newer > tools that want the old/default behavior this patch moves the default > worker setup to the kick setup. > > After the first vq's kick/poll setup is done we could start to get works > queued, so this is the point when we must have a worker setup. If we are > using older tools or the newer tools just want the default single vhost > thread per dev behavior then it will automatically be done here. If the > tools are using the newer ioctls that have already created the workers > then we also detect that here and do nothing. > > Signed-off-by: Mike Christie > --- > drivers/vhost/vhost.c | 23 ++++++++++++++++------- > 1 file changed, 16 insertions(+), 7 deletions(-) Reviewed-by: Stefan Hajnoczi