tools.linux.kernel.org archive mirror
* Re: b4: string index out of range
       [not found] <c7640104-264e-26e9-e1f1-1795dd8c428d@infradead.org>
@ 2020-03-20  2:04 ` Konstantin Ryabitsev
From: Konstantin Ryabitsev @ 2020-03-20  2:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Geoff Levand; +Cc: tools

On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 04:18:48PM -0700, Geoff Levand wrote:
> Hi Konstantin,
>
> Just FYI, I got this 'string index out of range' error when
> running the latest b4 with the 'am' sub-command. The 'mbox'
> sub-command seems to be ok'ish, but when I look inside the
> .mbx-thread file it seems some patches are missing.

The backtrace is fixed in the latest master and was really a bug. If you
like, you can run b4 straight out of the git checkout if you check the
README.rst for instructions on how to do that.

Unfortunately, the patches do seem to be missing. The good news is that
only one of them is missing from the LKML list, but the bad news is that
it's missing from all archives I checked (lkml.org, lkml.iu.edu, etc).
If you have a local copy of patch 12/15, you can do:

b4 mbox -n out.mbx 20200318204302.693307984@linutronix.de -p lkml
cat patch12.msg >> out.mbx-thread
b4 am 20200318204302.693307984@linutronix.de -m out.mbx-thread

Hope this helps.

Best,
-K

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-03-20  2:05 UTC | newest]