Hello: I am pleased to release b4 v0.5.0 with the following new features: b4 diff: allows to display range-diffs between patch/series revisions. It accomplishes this by creating two "fake" detached ranges consisting solely of the files in the patches and then running a "git range-diff" between those ranges. In order to work, the following conditions must all be met: 1. patches must contain "index" blob information 2. we must be able to find all of those blobs in the repo Behind the scenes, b4 will create a temporary worktree containing just the files mentioned in the patch and run "git am" to create the commit range. After deleting the worktree, this range will continue to exist in the repo as loose objects (until gc cleans them up), allowing to run git range-diff across both patch series. In my experience, this works about 60% of the time, but I expect this percentage will be higher for you, since you are more likely to have the needed blobs in your repo due to using the same tree as the submitter. Here's a small demo: https://asciinema.org/a/333888 b4 am enhancements: When we find blob information in the series, we will check if they match the current tree. If they do, we will display an "applies clean to current tree" message. You can additionally try the following flags: -g,--guess-base: will look at the last few tags to check if the patch/series applies cleanly to any of them. I'm not sure how useful this feature is, but it was an easy thing to implement. -3,--prep-3way: if you know you have to do a 3-way merge, this will prepare the tree for you by making sure all files exist at indexes specified in the patches. Same caveats apply as for "b4 diff". The "b4 diff" and "b4 am -3" functionality borrows heavily from Jason Gunthorpe's gj_tools [1], for which I am very thankful. You can upgrade to the latest version by running: pip install --user --upgrade b4 Please send any inevitable bug reports and feature change suggestions to tools@linux.kernel.org. Best regards, -K .. [1]: https://github.com/jgunthorpe/Kernel-Maintainer-Tools