tools.linux.kernel.org archive mirror
* b4 trouble!
@ 2020-07-01  2:29 Bhaskar Chowdhury
From: Bhaskar Chowdhury @ 2020-07-01  2:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Konstantin Ryabitsev; +Cc: tools

Kai,

The story goes like this :

Once cloned the git repo and as suggested in README in the cloned repo
,I made an alias in .bashrc like this :

alias b4="The path to the b4.sh"

source .bashrc

But...I got this ...I tried this from within the dir and outside of it..

✔ ~/git-linux/b4 [master|✔]
07:53 $ b4
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/home/bhaskar/git-linux/b4/b4/command.py", line 10, in <module>
     import b4
   File "/home/bhaskar/git-linux/b4/b4/__init__.py", line 15, in <module>
     import requests
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'requests'
✘-1 ~/git-linux/b4 [master|✔]
07:53 $ cd ~
bhaskar@Gentoo_07:53:29_Wed Jul 01:~> b4
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/home/bhaskar/git-linux/b4/b4/command.py", line 10, in <module>
     import b4
   File "/home/bhaskar/git-linux/b4/b4/__init__.py", line 15, in <module>
     import requests
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'requests'

Is this a expected behavior of it??? I know what it is missing, but the
point is ,why the end user have to take care of this??

OR, this is tool made for certain people and those people know what
exactly do with this kind of return???

I am lost ...and can we make some sanity check to before running . Will
that be costly enough or bring more maintenance headache. I am not sure,
because I lack knowledge ,probably.

Kindly , shed some light.

Thanks,
Bhaskar