tools.linux.kernel.org archive mirror
From: "Jason Gunthorpe" <jgg@ziepe.ca>
To: Konstantin Ryabitsev <konstantin@linuxfoundation.org>
Cc: James Bottomley <James.Bottomley@hansenpartnership.com>,
	users@linux.kernel.org, tools@linux.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [kernel.org users] b4: DKIM verification available
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2020 14:28:37 -0400	[thread overview]

On Mon, Nov 23, 2020 at 01:17:46PM -0500, Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 23, 2020 at 12:42:20PM -0400, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> > Konstantin: This seems like a few bad behaviors here.. Shouldn't the
> > first one report the DKIM failure??
>
> Yeah, but I try not to put in features that everyone would immediately
> turn off due to high false-positive rates. :)

Do you think it is that bad? According to DMARC data vger lists are
nearly 100% these days, b4 could sense vger and turn it on properly.

It would be interesting to see some stats on some of the vger lists
from lore to get a sense how many senders are misconfigured.

If you are going in this direction having vger reject messages that
fail DKIM signature checking just like it rejects HTML messages would
instantly make it usable. :)

> verification as a nice surprise and quietly move on otherwise.

Well in this way it will have no impact on any workflow or any change
in the git commits..

Jason