Linux maintainer tooling and workflows
* in-header PGP patch attestation in latest master
@ 2020-11-23 20:58 Konstantin Ryabitsev
From: Konstantin Ryabitsev @ 2020-11-23 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tools

Hi, all:

The latest master implements in-header PGP attestation, following my
ongoing work on that subject. I am now convinced that my initial
attestation implementation via detached "certification documents" is not
sufficiently fault-tolerant due to requiring access to lore.kernel.org
for verification, so I'm moving on to in-header attestation in hopes to
come up with a better scheme that doesn't require any central
infrastructure pieces for verification purposes.

You can read more about my proposal here:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mricon/patch-attestation-poc.git/tree/README.rst

The latest b4 implements the PGP attestation mode both for generating
and attesting patch signatures. If you would like to trial it out, the
easiest way to enable it is via git's sendemail-validation hook and is
described in the README:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/utils/b4/b4.git/tree/README.rst#n33

Please let me know if it's working for you or not.

-K

only message in thread, back to index