On Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 02:24:49PM -0300, Jason Gunthorpe wrote: > On Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 01:07:51PM -0400, Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote: > > 3. b4 additionally learns a command to grab new trailers from the list by > > matching the Obsoletes: message-ids and auto-amending commits with any new > > trailers > > This would allow you to start working on a new revision whenever you're ready > > for it and give b4 a precise match it can rely on when tracking new trailers. > While I understand the interest in exact matching patches, I'm not > super keen on adding more headers to every patch - this feels alot > like the gerrit change-id header that everone hates, just in another > format. The big issue people generally have with the gerrit change IDs is that they're only meaningful in the context of a gerrit instance that knows about that particular change ID, usually one on some corporate network, and no tooling other than gerrit uses them. Message IDs are much more generally useful.