Hello: I am happy to announce b4 v0.12.0. The primary purpose of this release is to work around critical bugs discovered in the Python email.message module that was causing message corruption when certain conditions were met. Specifically, we have discovered and reported the following Python bugs: - https://github.com/python/cpython/issues/99927 - https://github.com/python/cpython/issues/100884 - https://github.com/python/cpython/issues/100900 - https://github.com/python/cpython/issues/100991 None of them are fixed at this time, and even if they are, we're still looking at months or years before everyone uses Python versions that do not contain them. For this reason, b4 v0.12 implements its own message generation routines that sidesteps the problem entirely. Since patches are ultimately very simple plaintext messages without any mime content, this wasn't too challenging to implement, but there are probably subtle bugs hiding in that code as well. But, at least we can fix those when they are reported. Everyone using "b4 send" really should upgrade to 0.12. # Other features in 0.12 The primary focus was fixing Python's email bugs, so the list of other features is small: ## b4 mbox --refetch Since version 0.11, "b4 am" saves messages with minimal headers. If you would like to respond to messages in a saved mbox file as part of your review process, you can restore all original headers using: b4 mbox --refetch that.mbox ## Always hiding To/Cc trailers in the cover letters B4 uses the cover letter to track To/Cc addressees. In version 0.12, "b4 send" always hides them from generated cover letters, so they don't overwhelm reviewers (this info is already in the headers anyway). ## Bugfixes Mostly minor bugfixes and corner-case crashers. # Upgrading To upgrade from pip: pip install --upgrade b4 # Thanks The following people helped with this release, in reverse-git-log order: Geert Uytterhoeven Vishal Verma Rob Herring Matthieu Baerts Thomas Weißschuh Nathan Chancellor Mark Brown Quentin Schulz -K