tpmdd-devel.lists.sourceforge.net archive mirror
* New ML for TPM and IMA
@ 2017-09-15 17:18 Jarkko Sakkinen
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Jarkko Sakkinen @ 2017-09-15 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tpmdd-devel, linux-ima-devel, linux-kernel, linux-security-module

Hi

Many people were kicked out from the SourceForge mailing list in the
July because SF required a resubscription, including non-human users,
such as patchwork.

to cover both TPM and IMA since they tend to have cross dependencies.
Otherwise, the maintainer hierarchy etc. will stay the same.

It is all documented here:

http://kernsec.org/wiki/index.php/Linux_Kernel_Integrity

>From now on use this list for patches and discussion instead of the
legacy list.

Thank you.

/Jarkko

* Re: [tpmdd-devel] New ML for TPM and IMA
@ 2017-09-15 17:21 ` Peter Huewe
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Peter Huewe @ 2017-09-15 17:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tpmdd-devel, Jarkko Sakkinen, linux-ima-devel, linux-kernel,
	linux-security-module, linux-integrity

Am 15. September 2017 10:18:25 GMT-07:00 schrieb Jarkko Sakkinen <jarkko.sakkinen@linux.intel.com>:
>Hi
>
>Many people were kicked out from the SourceForge mailing list in the
>July because SF required a resubscription, including non-human users,
>such as patchwork.

Of course it's
linux-integrity@vger.kernel.org
(Cc'ed)

>to cover both TPM and IMA since they tend to have cross dependencies.
>Otherwise, the maintainer hierarchy etc. will stay the same.
>
>It is all documented here:
>
>http://kernsec.org/wiki/index.php/Linux_Kernel_Integrity
>
>From now on use this list for patches and discussion instead of the
>legacy list.
>
>Thank you.
>
>/Jarkko

Sent from my mobile

* Re: New ML for TPM and IMA
@ 2017-09-15 17:25 ` Joe Perches
       [not found] ` <20170915171825.5zjit5vsrvxgmvrb-VuQAYsv1563Yd54FQh9/CA@public.gmane.org>
From: Joe Perches @ 2017-09-15 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jarkko Sakkinen, tpmdd-devel, linux-ima-devel, linux-kernel,
	linux-security-module

On Fri, 2017-09-15 at 10:18 -0700, Jarkko Sakkinen wrote:
> Hi
>
> Many people were kicked out from the SourceForge mailing list in the
> July because SF required a resubscription, including non-human users,
> such as patchwork.

> to cover both TPM and IMA since they tend to have cross dependencies.
> Otherwise, the maintainer hierarchy etc. will stay the same.
>
> It is all documented here:
>
> http://kernsec.org/wiki/index.php/Linux_Kernel_Integrity
>
> From now on use this list for patches and discussion instead of the
> legacy list.

And is there to be an update to the MAINTAINERS file entries?

Extended Verification Module (EVM)
L:	linux-ima-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
L:	linux-security-module@vger.kernel.org

INTEGRITY MEASUREMENT ARCHITECTURE (IMA)
L:	linux-ima-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
L:	linux-ima-user@lists.sourceforge.net
L:	linux-security-module@vger.kernel.org

TPM DEVICE DRIVER
L:	tpmdd-devel@lists.sourceforge.net (moderated for non-subscribers)

TPM IBM_VTPM DEVICE DRIVER

@ 2017-09-15 17:34   ` Jarkko Sakkinen
From: Jarkko Sakkinen @ 2017-09-15 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Huewe
  Cc: tpmdd-devel, linux-ima-devel, linux-kernel,

On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 10:21:16AM -0700, Peter Huewe wrote:

> Am 15. September 2017 10:18:25 GMT-07:00 schrieb Jarkko Sakkinen <jarkko.sakkinen@linux.intel.com>:
> >Hi
> >
> >Many people were kicked out from the SourceForge mailing list in the
> >July because SF required a resubscription, including non-human users,
> >such as patchwork.

> Of course it's
> linux-integrity@vger.kernel.org
> (Cc'ed)

D'oh, yes :-)

/Jarkko

* Re: New ML for TPM and IMA
@ 2017-09-15 17:36   ` Jarkko Sakkinen
From: Jarkko Sakkinen @ 2017-09-15 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joe Perches
  Cc: tpmdd-devel, linux-ima-devel, linux-kernel,

On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 10:25:36AM -0700, Joe Perches wrote:
> On Fri, 2017-09-15 at 10:18 -0700, Jarkko Sakkinen wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Many people were kicked out from the SourceForge mailing list in the
> > July because SF required a resubscription, including non-human users,
> > such as patchwork.

> > to cover both TPM and IMA since they tend to have cross dependencies.
> > Otherwise, the maintainer hierarchy etc. will stay the same.
> >
> > It is all documented here:
> >
> > http://kernsec.org/wiki/index.php/Linux_Kernel_Integrity
> >
> > From now on use this list for patches and discussion instead of the
> > legacy list.
>
> And is there to be an update to the MAINTAINERS file entries?
>
> Extended Verification Module (EVM)
> L:	linux-ima-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
> L:	linux-security-module@vger.kernel.org
>
> INTEGRITY MEASUREMENT ARCHITECTURE (IMA)
> L:	linux-ima-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
> L:	linux-ima-user@lists.sourceforge.net
> L:	linux-security-module@vger.kernel.org
>
> TPM DEVICE DRIVER
> L:	tpmdd-devel@lists.sourceforge.net (moderated for non-subscribers)
>
> TPM IBM_VTPM DEVICE DRIVER
> L:	tpmdd-devel@lists.sourceforge.net (moderated for non-subscribers)

Yes, I'll get onto it. BTW, do we need two entries for TPM in the
MAINTAINERS file or can I merge those?

/Jarkko

* Re: New ML for TPM and IMA
@ 2017-09-15 17:40     ` Joe Perches
From: Joe Perches @ 2017-09-15 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jarkko Sakkinen
  Cc: tpmdd-devel, linux-ima-devel, linux-kernel,

On Fri, 2017-09-15 at 10:36 -0700, Jarkko Sakkinen wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 10:25:36AM -0700, Joe Perches wrote:
> > On Fri, 2017-09-15 at 10:18 -0700, Jarkko Sakkinen wrote:
[]
> > > We decided to create a new mailing list linux-integrit@vger.kernel.org
> > > to cover both TPM and IMA since they tend to have cross dependencies.
[]
> > And is there to be an update to the MAINTAINERS file entries?
[]
> Yes, I'll get onto it. BTW, do we need two entries for TPM in the
> MAINTAINERS file or can I merge those?

As the individual maintainers are different for the two sections,
I think you need both entries.

* Re: [tpmdd-devel] New ML for TPM and IMA
@ 2017-09-15 17:47       ` Peter Huewe
From: Peter Huewe @ 2017-09-15 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tpmdd-devel, Joe Perches, Jarkko Sakkinen
  Cc: linux-ima-devel, linux-integrity, linux-security-module, linux-kernel

Am 15. September 2017 10:40:14 GMT-07:00 schrieb Joe Perches <joe@perches.com>:
>On Fri, 2017-09-15 at 10:36 -0700, Jarkko Sakkinen wrote:
>> On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 10:25:36AM -0700, Joe Perches wrote:
>> > On Fri, 2017-09-15 at 10:18 -0700, Jarkko Sakkinen wrote:
>[]
>linux-integrit@vger.kernel.org
>dependencies.
>[]
>> > And is there to be an update to the MAINTAINERS file entries?
>[]
>> Yes, I'll get onto it. BTW, do we need two entries for TPM in the
>> MAINTAINERS file or can I merge those?
>
>As the individual maintainers are different for the two sections,
>I think you need both entries.

Try to get a hold of ashley and ask whether she is actively maintaining.

While updating Maintainers I vote for removing Marcel Selhorst for tpm.

You can keep me for now :)
Peter

Sent from my mobile

* Re: [tpmdd-devel] New ML for TPM and IMA
@ 2017-09-15 17:57         ` Jarkko Sakkinen
From: Jarkko Sakkinen @ 2017-09-15 17:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Huewe
  Cc: tpmdd-devel, Joe Perches, linux-ima-devel, linux-integrity,
	linux-security-module, linux-kernel

On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 10:47:06AM -0700, Peter Huewe wrote:

> Am 15. September 2017 10:40:14 GMT-07:00 schrieb Joe Perches <joe@perches.com>:
> >[]
> >linux-integrit@vger.kernel.org
> >dependencies.
> >[]
> >[]
> >> Yes, I'll get onto it. BTW, do we need two entries for TPM in the
> >> MAINTAINERS file or can I merge those?
> >
> >As the individual maintainers are different for the two sections,
> >I think you need both entries.
>
> Try to get a hold of ashley and ask whether she is actively maintaining.
>
> While updating Maintainers I vote for removing Marcel Selhorst for tpm.
>
> You can keep me for now :)
> Peter

During the last bit less than couple of years I've been maintaining
TPM and a bit less than four years I've been contributing I've never
heard anything of Ashley.

What is the expiration time?

@ 2017-09-15 18:01           ` Joe Perches
       [not found]             ` <1505498511.27581.11.camel-6d6DIl74uiNBDgjK7y7TUQ@public.gmane.org>
From: Joe Perches @ 2017-09-15 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jarkko Sakkinen, Peter Huewe
  Cc: tpmdd-devel, linux-ima-devel, linux-integrity,

On Fri, 2017-09-15 at 10:57 -0700, Jarkko Sakkinen wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 10:47:06AM -0700, Peter Huewe wrote:
> > Am 15. September 2017 10:40:14 GMT-07:00 schrieb Joe Perches <joe@perches.com>:
> > > As the individual maintainers are different for the two sections,
> > > I think you need both entries.
> >
> > Try to get a hold of ashley and ask whether she is actively maintaining.
> >
> > While updating Maintainers I vote for removing Marcel Selhorst for tpm.
> >
> > You can keep me for now :)
> > Peter
>
> During the last bit less than couple of years I've been maintaining
> TPM and a bit less than four years I've been contributing I've never
> heard anything of Ashley.
>
> What is the expiration time?

There is no fixed time at all.
Generally when the email bounces or when the maintainer resigns.
(involuntarily or not...)

It seems a couple years since Ashley signed anything and five years
since Marcel Selhorst signed anything.

It's polite to add a CREDITS entry when removing inactive maintainers.

* Re: [tpmdd-devel] New ML for TPM and IMA
@ 2017-09-15 20:07 ` Ken Goldman
       [not found] ` <20170915171825.5zjit5vsrvxgmvrb-VuQAYsv1563Yd54FQh9/CA@public.gmane.org>
From: Ken Goldman @ 2017-09-15 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tpmdd-devel, linux-ima-devel, linux-kernel, linux-security-module

Newbie question:  Do I have to subscribe, or are email addresses being
migrated?

@ 2017-09-15 20:32   ` Peter Huewe
From: Peter Huewe @ 2017-09-15 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tpmdd-devel, Ken Goldman, linux-ima-devel, linux-kernel,
	linux-security-module

Am 15. September 2017 13:07:58 GMT-07:00 schrieb Ken Goldman <kgold@linux.vnet.ibm.com>:
>Newbie question:  Do I have to subscribe, or are email addresses being
>migrated

You have to subscribe yourself.
Due to the new privacy regulations I do not have access to any member information anymore on the old list.

Just send a plaintext  email with the body/text
subscribe linux-integrity
to majordomo@vger.kernel.org

Peter

>On 9/15/2017 1:18 PM, Jarkko Sakkinen wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> Many people were kicked out from the SourceForge mailing list in the
>> July because SF required a resubscription, including non-human users,
>> such as patchwork.
>>
>> We decided to create a new mailing list
>linux-integrit@vger.kernel.org
>> to cover both TPM and IMA since they tend to have cross dependencies.
>> Otherwise, the maintainer hierarchy etc. will stay the same.
>>
>> It is all documented here:
>>
>> http://kernsec.org/wiki/index.php/Linux_Kernel_Integrity
>>
>>  From now on use this list for patches and discussion instead of the
>> legacy list.

Sent from my mobile

* Re: [Linux-ima-devel] New ML for TPM and IMA
       [not found] ` <20170915171825.5zjit5vsrvxgmvrb-VuQAYsv1563Yd54FQh9/CA@public.gmane.org>
@ 2017-09-15 21:08   ` Ken Goldman
From: Ken Goldman @ 2017-09-15 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jarkko Sakkinen, tpmdd-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f,
	linux-security-module-u79uwXL29TY76Z2rM5mHXA

I also see email coming from linux-security-module-u79uwXL29TaiAVqoAR/hOA@public.gmane.org

Should I also subscribe to that one?  Is there another one for the TPM
device driver?  IMA?

@ 2017-09-15 21:44     ` Jarkko Sakkinen
From: Jarkko Sakkinen @ 2017-09-15 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ken Goldman; +Cc: tpmdd-devel, linux-security-module

> I also see email coming from linux-security-module@vger.kernel.org.
>
> Should I also subscribe to that one?  Is there another one for the TPM
> device driver?  IMA?

It's all documented in that wiki page!

@ 2017-09-15 21:47             ` Jarkko Sakkinen
       [not found]             ` <1505498511.27581.11.camel-6d6DIl74uiNBDgjK7y7TUQ@public.gmane.org>
From: Jarkko Sakkinen @ 2017-09-15 21:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joe Perches
  Cc: Peter Huewe, tpmdd-devel, linux-ima-devel, linux-integrity,

On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 11:01:51AM -0700, Joe Perches wrote:
> On Fri, 2017-09-15 at 10:57 -0700, Jarkko Sakkinen wrote:
> > >
> > > Try to get a hold of ashley and ask whether she is actively maintaining.
> > >
> > > While updating Maintainers I vote for removing Marcel Selhorst for tpm.
> > >
> > > You can keep me for now :)
> > > Peter
> >
> > During the last bit less than couple of years I've been maintaining
> > TPM and a bit less than four years I've been contributing I've never
> > heard anything of Ashley.
> >
> > What is the expiration time?
>
> There is no fixed time at all.
> Generally when the email bounces or when the maintainer resigns.
> (involuntarily or not...)
>
> It seems a couple years since Ashley signed anything and five years
> since Marcel Selhorst signed anything.
>
> It's polite to add a CREDITS entry when removing inactive maintainers.

The file ends:

"
# Don't add your name here, unless you really _are_ after Marc
# alphabetically. Leonard used to be very proud of being the
# last entry, and he'll get positively pissed if he can't even
# be second-to-last.  (and this file really _is_ supposed to be
# in alphabetic order)
"

So where do I should add?-)

@ 2017-09-15 21:55               ` Joe Perches
From: Joe Perches @ 2017-09-15 21:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jarkko Sakkinen
  Cc: Peter Huewe, tpmdd-devel, linux-ima-devel, linux-integrity,

On Fri, 2017-09-15 at 14:47 -0700, Jarkko Sakkinen wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 15, 2017 at 11:01:51AM -0700, Joe Perches wrote:
[]
> > It's polite to add a CREDITS entry when removing inactive maintainers.
>
> The file ends:
>
> "
> # Don't add your name here, unless you really _are_ after Marc
> # alphabetically. Leonard used to be very proud of being the
> # last entry, and he'll get positively pissed if he can't even
> # be second-to-last.  (and this file really _is_ supposed to be
> # in alphabetic order)
> "
>
> So where do I should add?-)

http://www.varley.net/Pages/Manhattan.htm

* Re: New ML for TPM and IMA
       [not found]             ` <1505498511.27581.11.camel-6d6DIl74uiNBDgjK7y7TUQ@public.gmane.org>
@ 2017-09-18  9:49               ` Marcel Selhorst
From: Marcel Selhorst @ 2017-09-18  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tpmdd-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

>> > While updating Maintainers I vote for removing Marcel Selhorst for tpm.
> It seems a couple years since Ashley signed anything and five years
> since Marcel Selhorst signed anything.
> It's polite to add a CREDITS entry when removing inactive maintainers.

Thanks for the credits! I am fine with being removed from the
MAINTAINERS file, since indeed I haven't been contributing the past
couple of years. I still follow this list closely, but due to work on
projects different from TPMs, I couldn't contribute anymore the way I
wanted to. Hopefully I can change that any time soon. ;-)

Thanks,
Marcel