tpmdd-devel.lists.sourceforge.net archive mirror
From: <Alexander.Steffen-d0qZbvYSIPpWk0Htik3J/w@public.gmane.org>
To: gsavoundararadj-svHpOmPGTvqcqzYg7KEe8g@public.gmane.org,
	tpmdd-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f@public.gmane.org
Subject: Re: About the SLB9670 TPM 2.0 driver status
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 16:04:27 +0000	[thread overview]

> I am working with on Infineon SLB9670 TPM 2.0 on SPI.
>
> How well is this chip supported in the mainline kernel?

Unfortunately, due to some small bugs, tpm_tis_spi in mainline is not yet compatible with this device. Starting with 4.12 it should be properly supported.

> I am currently using the linux-socfpga kernel (version 4.8.0; branch
> socfpga-4.8) [1]
> on which I applied the following patches from patchwork:
>
> aacabbe0d5ec tpm_tis_spi: Add small delay after last transfer [2]
> a4a011be786f tpm_tis_spi: Remove limitation of transfers to
> MAX_SPI_FRAMESIZE bytes [3]
> 840157e08b2f tpm_tis_spi: Check correct byte for wait state indicator [4]
> 10cb31aec536 tpm_tis_spi: Abort transfer when too many wait states are
> signaled [5]
> 3ad7d9172a8c tpm_tis_spi: Use single function to transfer data [6]
> 4a809ec34a0f tpm_tis_core: Choose appropriate timeout for reading
> burstcount [7]
>
> With these patches, I can read the Vendor ID properly.

Those are all the patches that I needed on a Raspberry Pi 2 for the device to work correctly. I did not use 4.8 though, but worked with 4.10.

> But, the driver initialization fails in the tpm2_probe function.

Could you be more specific? What exactly fails? What data is transferred to/from the TPM when it fails?

Alexander