util-linux.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* careful with that umount options, Eugene
@ 2019-06-04 11:51 Harald Dunkel
From: Harald Dunkel @ 2019-06-04 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: util-linux

Hi folks

by accident I pasted

	umount ls -al /mnt/

into bash. My bad. AFAICT /proc was umounted immediately, the
rest died slowly. Don't try this at home.

Point is, according to the man page this command line should
have triggered an error message. "umount ls -al" doesn't make
sense.

Do you think the command line parser could be fixed?

util-linux is version 2.29.2-1+deb9u1, as included in Debian.
Of course I checked the diff for umount.c between 2.29 and
3.34-rc2. Apparently the getopt code has been improved, but I
did not notice a fix for this particular problem.

Thanx in advance. Keep on your good work
Harri