Util-Linux Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Karel Zak <kzak@redhat.com>
To: Leah Neukirchen <leah@vuxu.org>
Cc: util-linux@vger.kernel.org, J William Piggott <elseifthen@gmx.com>
Subject: Re: cal -w and ISO weeks
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2020 12:19:07 +0100

On Mon, Dec 30, 2019 at 02:09:16PM +0100, Leah Neukirchen wrote:
> So, to avoid further confusion, I'd propose to:
>
> 1) Reword the description of -w in the man page cal(1).

Fixed (we already have a note about it in NOTES section, but it's
somehow pretty hidden at the first glance).
https://github.com/karelzak/util-linux/commit/261cf856277f5e7e4815c211fe48b97746d5d3a3

> 2) Rethink if --iso shouldn't also imply -m, as implied by ISO-8601.

Good point, sounds like user-friendly change (although it is not 100%
backwardly compatible).

William, what about to automatically use -m (start week at Monday)
when --iso specified on command line? It means not keep --iso only
as way to switch calendars, but also as a general option to get
ISO-8601. (Not sure, may be we already discussed this years ago.)

    Karel

--
 Karel Zak  <kzak@redhat.com>
 http://karelzak.blogspot.com