util-linux.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Issue in man page logger.1
@ 2021-08-16 16:52 Helge Kreutzmann
From: Helge Kreutzmann @ 2021-08-16 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: util-linux; +Cc: mario.blaettermann

Without further ado, the following was found:

Issue: (missing) markup (command name, mode etc.)

"Print errors about Unix socket connections. The I<mode> can be a value of "
"detect if the init process is B<systemd>(1), and if so assumption is made I</"
"dev/log> can be used early at boot. Other init systems lack of I</dev/log> "
"will not cause errors that is identical with messaging using B<openlog>(3) "
"system call. The B<logger>(1) before version 2.26 used openlog, and hence "
"was unable to detected loss of messages sent to Unix sockets."

From: Helge Kreutzmann @ 2021-08-16 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: util-linux; +Cc: mario.blaettermann

Without further ado, the following was found:

Issue:  (missing) markup of port names

"Use the specified I<port>. When this option is not specified, the port "
"defaults to syslog for udp and to syslog-conn for tcp connections."

From: Helge Kreutzmann @ 2021-08-16 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: util-linux; +Cc: mario.blaettermann

Without further ado, the following was found:

Issue: (missing) markup of parameters

"B<logger> currently generates the B<timeQuality> standardized element only. "
"RFC 5424 also describes the elements B<origin> (with parameters ip, "
"enterpriseId, software and swVersion) and B<meta> (with parameters "
"sequenceId, sysUpTime and language). These element IDs may be specified "
"without the B<@>I<digits> suffix."

From: Helge Kreutzmann @ 2021-08-16 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: util-linux; +Cc: mario.blaettermann

Without further ado, the following was found:

Issue: (missing) markup of command names

"Write a systemd journal entry. The entry is read from the given I<file>, "
"when specified, otherwise from standard input. Each line must begin with a "
"field that is accepted by journald; see B<systemd.journal-fields>(7) for "
"details. The use of a MESSAGE_ID field is generally a good idea, as it makes "
"finding entries easy. Examples:"
msgstr ""
"schreibt einen Systemd-Journaleintrag. Der Eintrag wird aus der angegebenen "

From: Helge Kreutzmann @ 2021-08-16 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: util-linux; +Cc: mario.blaettermann

Without further ado, the following was found:

Issue: or the journal → to the journal?

"Causes everything to be done except for writing the log message to the "
"system log, and removing the connection or the journal. This option can be "
"used together with B<--stderr> for testing purposes."