Util-Linux Archive on lore.kernel.org
* Discrepancy between doc and code (harmless)
@ 2019-03-07 13:26 Pierre Labastie
From: Pierre Labastie @ 2019-03-07 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: util-linux

Hi,

It's my first contribution to this mailing list. I am one of the Linux from
scratch developers [1]. I do not know exactly how to proceed for the following
report:

Both hwclock.8 and adjtime_config.5 stipulate that the third number on the
first line of the "adjtime" file is a decimal integer. But the code in
hwclock.c writes and reads it as a double. Since this field is always 0, it
does not matter much, but the doc is not true...

Please, tell me if you'd like to have a patch, but I am not sure I've spotted all
the places in the doc where the information is given.

Regards
Pierre

[1] http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/

only message in thread, back to index