util-linux.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* util-linux-2.35.2 test failures
@ 2020-05-26 22:34 Bruce Dubbs
From: Bruce Dubbs @ 2020-05-26 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Util-Linux

I'm getting three test failures and hope I can get someone to help.

The test failures are  ipcs/mk-rm-msg, ipcs/mk-rm-sem, and ipcs/mk-rm-shm.

Concentrating on mk-rm-msg, I found on the system:

./tests/output/ipcs/mk-rm-msg
./tests/ts/ipcs/mk-rm-msg
./tests/expected/ipcs/mk-rm-msg

The contents of the output and the expected files are identical:

Message queue id: <was_number>
1
Message queue id: <was_number>

I am running the tests as a non-privileged user.

If I run the commands:

$ ipcmk -Q  (returns 24)
$ ipcs -q -i 24
$ ipcrm -q 24
$ echo $?
0

Everything looks OK.  Does anyone have an idea why this test (these
tests) are failing?

   -- Bruce Dubbs
      LFS