util-linux.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* last: incomprehensible note--"gone -- no logout
@ 2020-07-31 21:57 Bill Unruh
From: Bill Unruh @ 2020-07-31 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: util-linux

The message from last "gone - no logout"  makes no sense. I log onto the machine with ssh,
and that is message I get from last, and I certainly am not gone (I am reading
the message on that login)

Here is an example
unruh    pts/5        ::1              Fri Jul 31 22:51    gone - no logout
unruh    pts/5        ::1              Fri Jul 31 22:49 - 22:51  (00:01)
daniel   pts/4        :0               Fri Jul 31 00:18   still logged in

Note that the second entry is my last login (where when I ran last, it gave me
the "gone - no logout" entry, and the first is the current ssh login.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-07-31 22:07 UTC | newest]