v9fs.lists.linux.dev archive mirror
From: "Eric Van Hensbergen" <eric.vanhensbergen@linux.dev>
To: "Kent Overstreet" <kent.overstreet@linux.dev>
Cc: v9fs@lists.linux.dev
Subject: Re: new 9p kasan splat in 6.9
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 11:43:44 +0000	[thread overview]

I'm having a hard time reproducing the

April 1, 2024 at 8:27 PM, "Eric Van Hensbergen" <eric.vanhensbergen@linux.dev> wrote:

> April 1, 2024 at 8:12 PM, "Kent Overstreet" <kent.overstreet@linux.dev> wrote:
> >
> > Any other details you can give me from your environment (how is
> >  9p mounted, is this qemu?, etc.)?
> >  It's qemu, standard mount options:
> >
> >  host /host 9p rw,relatime,access=client,trans=virtio 0 0

I'm continuing to have a hard time reproducing on my test system - I've added a bunch of BUG_ON to the code to catch where I thought potential problems might be and have not tripped across any of them.  Can I get two pieces of data:
  a) which 9P CONFIG options are enabled in your kernel?
  b) what is the underlying file system on the server
  c) what version of qemu are you running

I'm going to try to spend all day today chasing this down, I may revert anyways if I can't reproduce since there's clearly degraded behavior -- I'd just feel better about it if I understood what the problem was.  In
your reverted version that doesn't experience the problem, was it just the last two patches that you reverted or the whole series?

   -eric