WireGuard Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Matt Layher <mdlayher@gmail.com>
To: wireguard@lists.zx2c4.com
Subject: DNS search domain support in wg-quick
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 14:40:48 -0400

I would like to add DNS search domain support to wg-quick and I have a
working patch for Linux. It would look something like:

[Interface]
Address = fe80::2/128
PrivateKey = (redacted)
DNS = 192.168.1.1, fd00::1
DNSSearch = lan.example.com, lan.ipv4.example.com, lan.ipv6.example.com

I have a few questions to ask:

1) Is this something that we would like to have upstream? It appears it
can also be done manually with a PostUp directive, but this also seems
to wipe out the configuration set by the DNS key under the Interface
section.

2) What is the policy for adding features like this across multiple
platforms? It should be straightforward to port the change from Linux to
FreeBSD and OpenBSD, but I'm unsure about Darwin and Android. Darwin
appears to have a networksetup flag to do the trick, but the Android C
changes would require much more scrutiny.

Thanks for your time,
Matt