* Wireguard andoird and Fire TV
@ 2019-05-06  9:27 Revath S Kumar
From: Revath S Kumar @ 2019-05-06  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Hello all,

I tried to side load the wireguard android on Fire TV stick.
I was successfully able to install and create a new config.
But once the config is created I was not able to enable the config.

The navigation using the FireTV remote never gets focus on config toggle
button.

Any plan to support TV sooner?

with regards,
Revath S Kumar,
JavaScripter / Rubyist / PHP

www.phprepo.in
blog.revathskumar.com

* Re: Wireguard andoird and Fire TV
@ 2019-05-12 17:37 ` Samuel Holland
From: Samuel Holland @ 2019-05-12 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Revath S Kumar, wireguard

On 5/6/19 4:27 AM, Revath S Kumar wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I tried to side load the wireguard android on Fire TV stick.
> I was successfully able to install and create a new config.
> But once the config is created I was not able to enable the config.
>
> The navigation using the FireTV remote never gets focus on config toggle button.
>
> Any plan to support TV sooner?

See https://lists.zx2c4.com/pipermail/wireguard/2019-January/003768.html

It's possible to get it working with the remote, but that would require someone
to write (and test!) the code to do so. Right now there's nobody working on the
Android app.

> with regards,
> Revath S Kumar,
> JavaScripter / Rubyist / PHP

Cheers,
Samuel

* Re: Wireguard andoird and Fire TV
@ 2019-05-17 16:34   ` Revath S Kumar
From: Revath S Kumar @ 2019-05-17 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Holland; +Cc: wireguard

Hello Samuel,

Thanks for the reply. That tip helped me.
I am not a Andorid developer, but tried to look into the code to fix
this problem with help of some friends.
Seems like the issue is due to `
android:descendantFocusability="blocksDescendants"` in tunnel_list_item.xml
[1].

Is there any reason why the value is `blocksDecendants`?
When I remove that line it seems to work fine (gif link)[2].

I can send a patch if this is the only change needed.

[1]:
https://git.zx2c4.com/wireguard-android/tree/app/src/main/res/layout/tunnel_list_item.xml#n32
[2]: https://imgur.com/a/f3nbA7R

with regards,
Revath S Kumar,
JavaScripter / Rubyist

@ 2019-05-21 10:45     ` Revath S Kumar
From: Revath S Kumar @ 2019-05-21 10:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Samuel Holland; +Cc: wireguard

Hello Team,

I have send a patch to fix this issue.
Let me know if any more changes needed for the patch.

with regards,
Revath S Kumar

@ 2019-05-21 13:58     ` Jason A. Donenfeld
From: Jason A. Donenfeld @ 2019-05-21 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Samuel,

Looks like you added that in
https://git.zx2c4.com/wireguard-android/commit/app/src/main/res/layout/config_list_item.xml?id=dc7363845b3edacc5bac7be85eb7fc63790e97af
. Remember why?

Jason

@ 2019-05-22  4:19       ` Samuel Holland
From: Samuel Holland @ 2019-05-22  4:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Revath S Kumar; +Cc: wireguard

Revath,

On 5/21/19 5:45 AM, Revath S Kumar wrote:
> I have send a patch to fix this issue.
> Let me know if any more changes needed for the patch.

Thank you very much for the patch! I could have guessed at what to change, but I
wouldn't have been able to test it. I've merged your patch with a bit of
cleanup, so it'll be included in the next release.

> with regards,
> Revath S Kumar

Thanks,
Samuel

* Re: Wireguard andoird and Fire TV
@ 2019-05-22  4:27       ` Samuel Holland
From: Samuel Holland @ 2019-05-22  4:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jason,

On 5/21/19 8:58 AM, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
> Looks like you added that in dc7363845b3edacc5bac7be85eb7fc63790e97af.
> Remember why?

Yes (after some digging). It's due to the fact that ListView's
OnItemClickListener won't fire if you have a focusable view (like a checkbox or
a switch) in your list item. That's no longer an issue since moving to
RecyclerView, since we add the listeners to each list item ourselves. To be
sure, I tested without blocksDescendants, and I couldn't notice any difference
on a touchscreen device.

> Jason
Cheers,
Samuel