On 06/11/2021 13:22, Christoph Loesch wrote: > Hi, > > in the android app the name is limited to 15 characters. > > Does that have a specific reason? > Is it possible to allow a longer name like e.g. 32 characters? > > On importing a file the error "Invalid name" could be more specific > to that. Because I had to struggle with the file name until I found > out it is just a limitation of the length. > > Kind regards, > Christoph The network name determines the interface name, and on Linux, the length of an interface name (e.g. "eth0") is limited to 15 characters. Regards, Aaron Jones