* Logging remote connecting IP
@ 2019-01-16 15:39 Konstantin Ryabitsev
From: Konstantin Ryabitsev @ 2019-01-16 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Hello:

For auditing purposes, I would like to be able to log the remote
endpoint IP for each wg connection on the server side. What's the best
way to do this, preferably using syslog?

Best,
-K

* Re: Logging remote connecting IP
@ 2019-01-16 15:52 ` John
From: John @ 2019-01-16 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Enable the debug option when building should print to dmesg.

On Wednesday, January 16, 2019, Konstantin Ryabitsev <
konstantin@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:

> Hello:
>
> For auditing purposes, I would like to be able to log the remote
> endpoint IP for each wg connection on the server side. What's the best
> way to do this, preferably using syslog?
>
> Best,
> -K

Sent from Gmail Mobile

* Re: Logging remote connecting IP
@ 2019-01-16 17:35   ` Konstantin Ryabitsev
From: Konstantin Ryabitsev @ 2019-01-16 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John; +Cc: wireguard

On Wed, Jan 16, 2019 at 10:52:48AM -0500, John wrote:
> > For auditing purposes, I would like to be able to log the remote
> > endpoint IP for each wg connection on the server side. What's the best
> > way to do this, preferably using syslog?
>
> Enable the debug option when building should print to dmesg.

That's good to know, but not very useful in our case, because we get the
module from Fedora COPR. Moreover, I'd consider ability to log incoming
connections info-level, not debug-level logging.

-K