WireGuard Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Tharre <tharre3@gmail.com>
To: David Weinberger <cubicalpie@protonmail.com>
Cc: "wireguard@lists.zx2c4.com" <wireguard@lists.zx2c4.com>
Subject: Re: Status on wg-dynamic?
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2019 18:33:12 +0100

Hey there,

On 11/13, David Weinberger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is wg-dynamic more like a proof of conception right now? I tried to use it, but found a few issues:
>
> 1. Does its dependency on libmnl and epoll etc mean it can only work for linux clients now?

For the first release this will be true, support for other platforms for
clients will be added later.

> 2. It doesn't seem to hook into wg-quick as mentioned in idea.md? I checked wg-quick's source code, no where does it spawn wg-dynamic it seems.
> 3. Its Makefile by default only builds server and not client, and "make install" fails because its dependency is wg which doesn't exist.
>
> And it hasn't been updated for 2 months. I wonder what's its status now?

Yeah it's WIP at the moment, but don't worry there will be something
useable you can try out in the first week of december.

Regards,

Thomas

--
PGP fingerprint: 42CE 7698 D6A0 6129 AA16  EF5C 5431 BDE2 C8F0 B2F4