* [ANNOUNCE] WireGuard Merged Into OpenBSD
@ 2020-06-21 19:18 Jason A. Donenfeld
From: Jason A. Donenfeld @ 2020-06-21 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hey everyone,

I'm happy to announce that WireGuard has been merged into the OpenBSD
kernel, with integration into userland as well.

https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-cvs&m=159274150512676&w=2

Matt Dunwoodie and I have been working on this for quite some time
now, with at some point Matt even showing up at my door in Paris to
push the effort further. This marks the culmination of quite a bit of
effort, and certainly a multi-year project for Matt. I should also
note that the upstreaming process to OpenBSD was extremely pleasant.
We did three patch revisions, with useful feedback on each one and a
very supportive community.

I imagine that this work will ship with OpenBSD 6.8.

Enjoy!
Jason

* Re: [ANNOUNCE] WireGuard Merged Into OpenBSD
@ 2020-06-21 21:48 ` jungle boogie
From: jungle boogie @ 2020-06-21 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

On 6/21/20 12:18 PM, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I'm happy to announce that WireGuard has been merged into the OpenBSD
> kernel, with integration into userland as well.
>
> https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-cvs&m=159274150512676&w=2
>
> Matt Dunwoodie and I have been working on this for quite some time
> now, with at some point Matt even showing up at my door in Paris to
> push the effort further. This marks the culmination of quite a bit of
> effort, and certainly a multi-year project for Matt. I should also
> note that the upstreaming process to OpenBSD was extremely pleasant.
> We did three patch revisions, with useful feedback on each one and a
> very supportive community.

Jason and Matt - outstanding, outstanding job. I've comfortably ran
Wireguard on OpenBSD with Jason's first build script for roughly 1 1/2
years, but I'm happy to see Wireguard is now in-kernel and development
will continue there.

Thank you two for all of your efforts you've made.
I hope everyone else is as excited about this as I am!

For those that don't know, OpenBSD's homepage:
https://www.openbsd.org/

OpenBSD Journal:
https://www.undeadly.org/cgi?action=front

Reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/openbsd/

@ 2020-06-21 22:05 ` Laslo Hunhold
From: Laslo Hunhold @ 2020-06-21 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

On Sun, 21 Jun 2020 13:18:41 -0600
"Jason A. Donenfeld" <Jason@zx2c4.com> wrote:

Dear Jason,

> I'm happy to announce that WireGuard has been merged into the OpenBSD
> kernel, with integration into userland as well.
>
> https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-cvs&m=159274150512676&w=2
>
> Matt Dunwoodie and I have been working on this for quite some time
> now, with at some point Matt even showing up at my door in Paris to
> push the effort further. This marks the culmination of quite a bit of
> effort, and certainly a multi-year project for Matt. I should also
> note that the upstreaming process to OpenBSD was extremely pleasant.
> We did three patch revisions, with useful feedback on each one and a
> very supportive community.
>
> I imagine that this work will ship with OpenBSD 6.8.

very impressive work by Matt and you! I'm very glad to see this was
merged and can only imagine a bright future for WireGuard.

With best regards

Laslo Hunhold