Am 16.01.2019 um 23:06 schrieb David Cowden: > > > On Wed, Jan 16, 2019 at 1:29 PM Fabian Schwamborn > > > wrote: > > I think you misunderstood me. Most broadband providers don't offer > fixed IPv4. Due to privacy considerations, even under IPv6 on > normal connections, addresses will always change. (prefix) As soon > as an address changes and my dynamic DNS system registers it, an > IPsec or OpenVPN client on my phone can reconnect. (This happens > once a week). > The Wireguard app simply lacks a monitor to see if the IP address > has changed. Therefore a ttl in the DNS was introduced .... (After > a registered loss of the connection - also shown in the log - no > DNS request is executed and the tunnel breaks down permanently.) > > I think the > > Yes, I thought you were asking for what you already have setup. My > apologies. > > se are the most common scenarios with OpenWRT routers ... > > Having a DNS entry does not mean that it always points to a static > ip, so when a tunnel disconnects, the Android-app itself > (userspace) should handle this like many other existing > VPN-Clients do by a re-query of the DNS entry... > > My question is, is there any opinion on such an implementation? > Should i try to implement it into the android app and provide the > code? (Unfortunately i am not a good android app-developer) > > This sounds like something the wg-go userspace should support, not the > android or ios app ui. The wg-go userspace application is just the interface to the kernel module (or an userspace program, that emulates the kernel module) The Linux-Kernel is not able to resolve any DNS because it could only handle IP-Adresses. I don't think that it would be a good idea to write a dns-resolver for a kernel module. From my point of view, each connected endpoint has to be monitored periodically by a userspace program (in this case java or an additional go-module). In case of a tunnel malfunktion OR based on a timer the Hostname has to be re-resolved. Therefore my current question: Are custom code contributions welcome in this respect? I am currently thinking about adding a timer-supported tunnel monitoring to the app. > > Am 16.01.2019 um 21:57 schrieb David Cowden: >> You need to setup dns for your home site then use that to >> connect. Or you need to synchronize the endpoint out of band. I >> can't imagine this is something wg wants to tackle--this is a >> general problem all software encounters. >> >> On Tue, Jan 15, 2019 at 10:52 PM Fabian Schwamborn >> > > wrote: >> >> Hello, >> >> I have a suggestion for improving the Android app or would >> like to ask if such a change would be desirable in general >> (e.g. pull request): >> >> I'm using Wireguard as a connection between my home router >> and my mobile phone, but unfortunately I don't have a fixed >> IP address. As soon as the IP address changes, the app does >> not reconnect. (Happens once a week) >> >> Is it possible to integrate a function into the app, that >> pings through the tunnel so that you can perform a keep-alive >> check and reconnect the tunnel completely after a failure >> (including DNS request)? >> >> Is it conceivable, to implement a DNS-check function in the >> app? (E.g. like the existing example DNS check script for >> Linux works?) >> >> Then the app would have the same functionality as my previous >> IP-Sec client. This would also allow better coverage of >> failover IP scenarios. >> >> >> Best Regards >> >> Fabian >> >> _______________________________________________ >> WireGuard mailing list >> WireGuard@lists.zx2c4.com >> https://lists.zx2c4.com/mailman/listinfo/wireguard >> >