WireGuard Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Paul Zillmann <paul@zil.li>
To: wireguard@lists.zx2c4.com
Cc: henningreich@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Overlapping AllowedIPs Configuration
Date: Sat, 25 May 2019 20:39:24 +0200

Hello,

we have the same problem here, although our allowed IP ranges should be
0.0.0.0/0 for all peers.
We have OSPF traffic on the wireguard links so it should be task of the
Kernel's routing table to decide where to send what.

The problem is that the allowed-ips configuration has multiple purposes:
routing table and firewall/packet filter. This introduces these
problems. It would be helpfull to get a compile flag or something else
to make this behavior optional. Right now Wireguard isn't very friendly
to dynamic routing.

I came up with multiple solutions:
- create multiple interfaces + tunnels.
or
- create a bash script that injects the Kernel's routing table into the
wg tool every other minute.

Do you guys have a better idea? If not I would create the bash script.

- Paul

  parent reply index