From: "Yağmur Oymak" <yagmur.oymak@gmail.com>
To: boerner@t-online.de, wireguard@lists.zx2c4.com
Subject: Re: Wireguard command line tools for Android
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2019 13:52:19 +0300	[thread overview]

On Sat, 2019-07-27 at 18:01 +0200, boerner@t-online.de wrote:
> My idea was to use Tasker to perform something like wg-quick up|down
> tun1 accordingly, but the Wireguard command line tools wg and wg-
> quick don't seem to be available (anymore). In older forum posts I've
> seen that you can install them from the app settings, but in my
> version (v0.0.20190708) this option is not available.
>
> Does anybody know about another solution? Or, as a question to the
> developers, would it be a big deal to bring back the command line
> feature?

Hey,

The command line tools were not removed. If you are using the Go
userspace backend (the app will indicate this in settings, together
with the version information) they will not be available. The tools
control the kernel backend and require root access. Thus they are only
available if you are running a custom kernel with WireGuard support and
have root access.

--
Yagmur Oymak