* [ANNOUNCE] WireGuard Snapshot `0.0.20181018` Available
@ 2018-10-18 0:37 Jason A. Donenfeld
0 siblings, 0 replies; 1+ messages in thread
From: Jason A. Donenfeld @ 2018-10-18 0:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
To: WireGuard mailing list
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
A new snapshot, `0.0.20181018`, has been tagged in the git repository.
Please note that this snapshot is, like the rest of the project at this point
in time, experimental, and does not consitute a real release that would be
considered secure and bug-free. WireGuard is generally thought to be fairly
stable, and most likely will not crash your computer (though it may).
However, as this is a pre-release snapshot, it comes with no guarantees, and
its security is not yet to be depended on; it is not applicable for CVEs.
With all that said, if you'd like to test this snapshot out, there are a
few relevant changes.
== Changes ==
* compat: don't output for grep errors
* compat: look in Kbuild and Makefile since they differ based on arch
* create-patch: blacklist instead of whitelist
This should solve the last of the compat issues introduced with the revamped
build system and upstream changes.
* qemu: kill after 20 minutes
Our test suite now accounts for hangs.
* global: prefix functions used in callbacks with wg_
* global: rename struct wireguard_ to struct wg_
* global: more nits
* timers: avoid using control statements in macro
* allowedips: remove control statement from macro by rewriting
* device: use textual error labels always
* global: give if statements brackets and other cleanups
* main: change module description
* main: get rid of unloaded debug message
Stylistic cleanups from upstream.
* netlink: do not stuff index into nla type
It's not used for anything, and LKML doesn't like the type being used as an
index value. Technically this changes UAPI, but in practice nobody used this,
and if they did use it for anything, that thing was probably broken anyway.
* allowedips: swap endianness early on
Otherwise if gcc's optimizer is able to look far in but not overly far
in, we wind up with "warning: 'key' may be used uninitialized in this
* tools: use libc's endianness macro if no compiler macro
* tools: compile on gnu99
This lets us be compiled with ancient gcc.
* tools: don't fail if a netlink interface dump is inconsistent
Netlink returns NLM_F_DUMP_INTR if the set of all tunnels changed
during the dump. That's unfortunate, but is pretty common on busy
systems that are adding and removing tunnels all the time. Rather
than retrying, potentially indefinitely, we just work with the
* tools: wg-quick: wait for interface to disappear on freebsd
This should improve init scripts that restart tunnels using wg-quick.
This snapshot contains commits from: Jason A. Donenfeld, Davide Garberi, and
As always, the source is available at https://git.zx2c4.com/WireGuard/ and
information about the project is available at https://www.wireguard.com/ .
This snapshot is available in compressed tarball form here:
A PGP signature of that file decompressed is available here:
Signing key: AB9942E6D4A4CFC3412620A749FC7012A5DE03AE
If you're a snapshot package maintainer, please bump your package version. If
you're a user, the WireGuard team welcomes any and all feedback on this latest
Finally, WireGuard development thrives on donations. By popular demand, we
have a webpage for this: https://www.wireguard.com/donations/
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
WireGuard mailing list
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] 1+ messages in thread
only message in thread, back to index
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2018-10-18 0:37 [ANNOUNCE] WireGuard Snapshot `0.0.20181018` Available Jason A. Donenfeld
WireGuard Archive on lore.kernel.org
Archives are clonable: git clone --mirror https://lore.kernel.org/wireguard/0 wireguard/git/0.git
# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
public-inbox-init -V2 wireguard wireguard/ https://lore.kernel.org/wireguard \
Newsgroup available over NNTP:
AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/ public-inbox