* iOS connection issue
@ 2019-03-20 13:24 Glen Huang
From: Glen Huang @ 2019-03-20 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Hi,

I can connect to my wg server on my Mac with this config

[Interface]
Address = 10.0.0.2
DNS = 8.8.8.8
PrivateKey = <value>

[Peer]
Endpoint = <ip>:<port>
PublicKey = <value>
AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0, ::/0

But once upload it as qr code to my iPhone, I can establish the vpn connection, but can not access any websites.

From the General VPN info, it says the server address is 127.0.0.1, which doesn’t sound right.

One strange thing is that if I change the endpoint’s ip to a couple arbitrary ones, I can still establish vpn connections, but can not access any websites and server address is 127.0.0.1, same result as my config.

Also after I scan the qr code and the VPN profile is added, iPhone will alert an error saying the vpn server could not be found, but if I dismiss I can establish the connection (and couldn’t access any site).

I wonder what I might have done wrong?

Thanks.

* Re: iOS connection issue
@ 2019-04-02  8:46 Roopesh Chander S
From: Roopesh Chander S @ 2019-04-02  8:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Just to confirm, you’re saying you can connect from your Mac with this config and access the Internet, but can’t do that from iPhone from the same config. (I’m assuming you didn’t have the VPN on in your Mac when trying to connect from the iPhone.)

Can you provide the log from your iPhone to investigate further? (Settings > Log). You can email it to team at wireguard dot com.

> From the General VPN info, it says the server address is 127.0.0.1, which doesn’t sound right.

I’m assuming you’re seeing this in Settings > VPN > [vpn name] (i) once the VPN is up. That’s indeed not the actual IP of the server — it’s just an arbitrary string we provide iOS. I’ve noted down a task to fix it when there’s a single peer with an endpoint.

Thanks,
roop.

> Glen Huang wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I can connect to my wg server on my Mac with this config
>
> [Interface]
> Address = 10.0.0.2
> DNS = 8.8.8.8
> PrivateKey = <value>
>
> [Peer]
> Endpoint = <ip>:<port>
> PublicKey = <value>
> AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0, ::/0
>
> But once upload it as qr code to my iPhone, I can establish the vpn connection, but can not access any websites.
>
> From the General VPN info, it says the server address is 127.0.0.1, which doesn’t sound right.
>
> One strange thing is that if I change the endpoint’s ip to a couple arbitrary ones, I can still establish vpn connections, but can not access any websites and server address is 127.0.0.1, same result as my config.
>
> Also after I scan the qr code and the VPN profile is added, iPhone will alert an error saying the vpn server could not be found, but if I dismiss I can establish the connection (and couldn’t access any site).
>
> I wonder what I might have done wrong?
>
> Thanks.

* iOS connection issue
@ 2019-03-20 13:26 Glen Huang