From: Riccardo Paolo Bestetti <riccardo.kyogre@live.it>
To: "wireguard@lists.zx2c4.com" <wireguard@lists.zx2c4.com>
Subject: RE: Getting IPv6 route advertisements to work over WG
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2018 14:46:31 +0000	[thread overview]

I laughed in my head. :)

For what my two cents are worth, L2 WireGuard would have its (limited) use =
cases, but nothing beats having a simple and effective mono-purpose protoco=
l like we do now. Everything else can be solved with OpenVPN or appropriate=
 SDN techniques running on top of WG.

<ot>
And about that, I think that out-of-band comms support would be a very nice=
 addition to the protocol. The tunnel could be initially established with n=
o tunnel addresses, but it could provide the ability for setup scripts on e=
ach side to talk to each other to set up routing, addresses, firewalls, etc=
. This would allow more complex setups, but would avoid adding all the comp=
lexity/edge cases/etc. to WireGuard.
</ot>

Regards,
Riccardo