* wireguard-android broken after update to Android 10
@ 2019-09-05  5:11 Cory Fields
From: Cory Fields @ 2019-09-05  5:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Today I updated my Pixel 3 to Android 10 and my wireguard vpn is no longer
functional. Everything appears to be working fine, just no connections.
It's a very straightforward ipv4 setup with a Debian host on the other side.

It seems maybe I'm not alone:
https://old.reddit.com/r/WireGuard/comments/bnx4yy/wireguard_tunnel_broken_on_android_q_beta/

Might there be some non-obvious new security setting that needs to be
turned off (or granted) after the update?

I'm afraid I don't have much other useful information to provide here, but
I can send a log file from the android client off-list if it would be
helpful.

Regards,
Cory Fields

* Re: wireguard-android broken after update to Android 10
@ 2019-09-06 21:07 ` Frederick Ding
From: Frederick Ding @ 2019-09-06 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lists; +Cc: wireguard

Pixel 3 user here on Android 10. Have you checked whether all packets are
not getting through, or whether it's just appearing that way due to DNS
issues? Maybe try deactivating the Private DNS (which may use DNS over
HTTP) setting in Network & Internet settings and see if that helps? Or try
using Hurricane Electric's net tools app to try pinging an IP address by
number to see where things are breaking...

@ 2019-09-06 21:58   ` Jason A. Donenfeld
From: Jason A. Donenfeld @ 2019-09-06 21:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Sep 6, 2019, 16:55 Frederick Ding <frederick@frederickding.com>
wrote:

> Pixel 3 user here on Android 10. Have you checked

Just to be certain: is the implication here that you have a P3+AndroidQ and
don't face any trouble using WireGuard?

* Re: wireguard-android broken after update to Android 10
@ 2019-09-06 22:00     ` Frederick Ding
From: Frederick Ding @ 2019-09-06 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

That’s right, works for me. And I was previously on the Q betas and
WireGuard from the Play Store continued to work.

@ 2019-09-07  0:11       ` Matthew Letnaunchyn
From: Matthew Letnaunchyn @ 2019-09-07  0:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

I'm on a pixel 3a xl with Android 10 and have no issues either. The only
quirk is the notification shade shortcut has occasionally refused to start
the connection but starting the vpn within the app works fine. I run a
freebsd 12 and an Ubuntu 18.04 LTS server. Both work with Android 10 as
expected. I would second the recommendation to double check the private DNS
settings but am happy to help troubleshoot if I can.

Matt

@ 2019-09-09 14:36       ` Cory Fields
From: Cory Fields @ 2019-09-09 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks for the data point, Fredrick! Knowing that it worked for someone
else, I kept fiddling. It now works for me as well.

I'm not sure what fixed it, so I'll try to go through the things I did
again to reproduce the problem. I'll report back if it's anything
interesting.

Thanks again.
Cory

@ 2019-09-07 12:36 Salvatore LaMendola