* openwrt interface does not have a public key after upgrade from librecmc 1.4.8 to openwrt 21.02-rc2 to openwrt 21.02-rc2 ath79
@ 2021-06-11  6:23 Dimitar Vassilev
From: Dimitar Vassilev @ 2021-06-11  6:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Greetings,
I upgraded an WNDR3800 from librecmc 1.4.8/ath71 to openwrt 21.02-rc2
ath79 and reapplied the librecmc 1.4.8 configuration. I'm seeing now
the interface configuration in the CLI and in Luci with all the keys,
but when I click on Status->Wireguard I get a message interface does
not have a public key.
I did have a look on
https://forum.openwrt.org/t/wireguard-interface-does-not-have-a-public-key/37549
and the other threads, but even when after applying the work-arounds
for DNS rebind protection still the same. My Luci is using self-signed
certs as well.
Any clues where to look further? I will be testing the device today to
see how it really works. I do have some overlapping IP ranges in the
configs that make me reluctant to test how site A machine works as a
client of site B, while the actual site A is running remotely over the
VPN.
Thanks,
Dimitar