WireGuard Archive on lore.kernel.org
* Windows: "Not migrating configuration" after every Insider update
@ 2019-10-27 18:19 Mantas Mikulėnas
From: Mantas Mikulėnas @ 2019-10-27 18:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Hello,

Every time I install a new Windows Insider build, I lose my Wireguard
tunnels and get this log message instead:

2019-10-05 18:17:25.495: [MGR] Not migrating configuration from
‘C:\windows.old’, as it is not explicitly owned by SYSTEM, but rather
‘S-1-5-32-544’

Each time this happens, the directory turns out to be owned by
"BUILTIN\Administrators", so I have to manually fix the ownership and
restart the service.

Is this check actually necessary, and if so, could it be updated to
allow the Administrators group?

--
Mantas Mikulėnas

* Re: Windows: "Not migrating configuration" after every Insider update
@ 2019-11-27 10:18 ` Jason A. Donenfeld
From: Jason A. Donenfeld @ 2019-11-27 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Voila https://git.zx2c4.com/wireguard-windows/commit/?id=202fd6904f31bb7bd166a600a84d0909754d8579