WireGuard Archive on lore.kernel.org
 help / Atom feed
From: "Jason A. Donenfeld" <Jason@zx2c4.com>
To: "Christopher O'Connell" <jwriteclub@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Minimal WinTUN Program Access Denied Opening Tun
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2019 12:13:47 +0200

Hey Chris,

Glad to hear you're playing with Wintun. Indeed we're keeping it
locked down to SYSTEM for the time being. As we gain a better
understanding of the attack surface, maybe we'll reduce that to
built-in administrators. But you can pretty easily impersonate SYSTEM
if you have enough admin privs. Here's some code I wrote to do it from
Go: https://github.com/WireGuard/wgctrl-go/issues/36#issuecomment-491912143
Just replace the "DialPipe" invocation with "os.Open(path/to/wintun)".
Or if you want to do it from C, here's something similar:
https://git.zx2c4.com/WireGuard/tree/src/tools/wincompat/ipc.c

Jason