* Google Play can't Download through Kernel module backend
@ 2018-10-22  1:17 Love4Taylor
From: Love4Taylor @ 2018-10-22  1:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Hi,
I recently discovered that when I use the Kernel module backend,
Google Play will always be stuck in Downloading, I got the following
logcat, but everything works fine when using Go module backend
(Android VPN).

D DownloadManager: [558] Starting
W DownloadManager: [514] Stop requested with status HTTP_DATA_ERROR:
SSL handshake aborted: ssl=0x766f2a4008: I/O error during system call,
Connection reset by peer
D DownloadManager: [514] Finished with status WAITING_TO_RETR

D DownloadManager: [558] Starting
W DownloadManager: [555] Stop requested with status HTTP_DATA_ERROR:
failed to connect to r1---sn-3qqp-ioqsl.gvt1.com/27.85.180.172 (port
443) from /10.0.0.101 (port 49253) after 20000ms
D DownloadManager: [555] Finished with status HTTP_DATA_ERROR

I think it should not be a server problem, even if I use the free
server provided by TunSafe, it is the same problem. It seems that the
DownloadManager called by Google Play has not passed Wireguard at
all(10.0.0.101 is my LAN IP). Then I did the following test.
Kernel module backend + Router blocks Google domain name: Google Play
stuck in Downloading, the log is the same as above.
Go module backend + Router blocks Google domain name: Everything works
fine, no error log.
Kernel module backend + Router does not block Google domain name:
Everything works fine, no error log.

My Phones: OG Pixel/Nexus6 (Both are Android 9)
The link is route etc. on my phone: http://ix.io/1n8q