From: Laszlo KERTESZ <laszlo.kertesz@gmail.com>
To: Hendrik Friedel <hendrik@friedels.name>
Cc: wireguard@lists.zx2c4.com
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Keep-alive does not keep the connection alive
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2019 09:37:11 +0300	[thread overview]

The thing is i don't know what is 'reconnect' from WG's point of view. It
is 'stateless' of sorts as far as I know and it does not have if down/up
behavior like openvpn or other ssl vpn's that have keepalives. By default
it just sends packets and the optional keepalives are only there to help
with firewall traversal and such, it is not used to track the tunnel's
functionality.

It should have some internal counter that will re-try dns resolution after
some sort of timeout. Another important aspect is that this should work
even without keepalives somehow.