On Fri, 2020-02-14 at 12:17 +0100, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote: > Except the command line arguments have length limits you'll hit > anyway. Wouldn't the better way to do this be passing a config file > to > `wg setconf wg0 /dev/stdin`? Yes, they would be better. However each command has slight inefficiencies for my usecase: - `wg setconf` removes the endpoints of peers that don't have a static endpoint address - `wg addconf` cannot remove peers - `wg syncconf` needs to be given the exact allowed IPs of all peers it has to keep, not just the ones that have changed. It will also remove all peers that were added manually by the user (and not by my daemon). For now I will either use `wg syncconf`, or maybe `wg addconf` + multiple `wg set peer remove`. I've been thinking, how stable is the IPC protocol? It might be nice to have a tool/daemon/something that makes it possible to use the protocol to configure devices that natively use netlink or OpenBSD ioctls.