WireGuard Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Eddie <stunnel@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Still No Connection from iPhone
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 14:16:47 -0700

On 10/14/2019 2:53 PM, Eddie wrote:
> Title says it all.  I'm still unable to connect to my home CentOS
> server from my iPhone.  A check of the IP shows I'm still routed via
> AT&T.
>
> On the server, wg shows no connectivity from the client at all and if
> I temporarily block the port in my firewall it doesn't show any
> attempt to connect.
>
> I'm running the latest version of wg for iOS (0.0.20191012 (14)) on
> the latest iPhone iOS (13.1.2).  Logs from iPhone attached.

Answering my own post, as I can now connect.

For the Peer section, Allowed IPs is listed as Optional.  A value of
0.0.0.0/0 enabled the connection, leaving it as Optional doesn't.

After connecting, I couldn't browse the internet.  Entering a value into
another Optional field appears to fix that:  the Interface DNS servers.

Guess Optional isn't really optional.  :-)

As an aside, for the DNS servers, before you enter a value it shows
Optional.  If you put in a value and then erase that, the underlying
text now says:  Strongly recommended.

Cheers.