WireGuard Archive on lore.kernel.org
* WireGuard with a Non-Automatic-Default-Route
@ 2019-08-12 18:25 markus
From: markus @ 2019-08-12 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wireguard

Hi Jason!

Today I have configured the first time a wireguard on my desktop
computer (MacOSX). I know that MacOSX is declared as a client operating
system but I believe a "Checkbox" into the wireguard setup box for the
option "Don't add a Default-Route" was a good idea.

In my "very" complex wireguard mesh I'm using BIRD with OSPF but I have
now a smal job to configure a single client with only a single
destination address. The "customer" (my brother *g*) is only a enduser
they want to access a service on my network. He don't need a default
gateway into my network. Instead the gateway address a network address
would be a great thing (for me).

Opinions on this?

--
Best regards,
Markus

Better Privacy with PGP encrypted Mail: http://activezone.de/pgp/
Fingerprint: 58C5 8BAF 6FCE B24F 1881 B5B8 F2A8 E1D0 484B 0054
Threema ID: 7ZRET2JY

„Wer die Freiheit aufgibt um Sicherheit zu gewinnen,
der wird am Ende beides verlieren.“  -- Benjamin Franklin

only message in thread, back to index