workflows.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
From: Greg KH <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org>
To: Steven Rostedt <rostedt@goodmis.org>, lkp@intel.com
Cc: "workflows@vger.kernel.org" <workflows@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: Notification of your branch being tested by zero day bot?
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 05:49:19 +0100	[thread overview]

(adding lkp@intel.com so that hopefully the right people see this)

On Thu, Sep 12, 2019 at 11:02:30AM -0400, Steven Rostedt wrote:
> Would it be possible to have an opt-in for the zero day bot to send an
> email when a branch is being tested? Similar to the "SUCCESS" opt-in
> email.
>
> That is, it would be nice to see an email that lets you know that a
> branch you pushed to kernel.org is being tested. Currently there's a
> bit of limbo when a push happens, and you need to wait, perhaps several
> days, to see a result. In the mean time you have no idea if there's any
> progress going on. A notification would be nice.

What is "implied" here is the fact that due to the flaky-ness of 0-day
these days, we really do not know if it is running or not.

Lately it seems like it is "not" running, but due to the lack of any
status, it's really hard to tell how long a maintainer should wait
before "giving up" on getting a timely response and just relying on
their own judgement.

thanks,

greg k-h