On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 09:33:51PM +0200, Greg KH wrote: > On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 08:58:14PM +0200, Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote: > > On Tue, Oct 15, 2019 at 6:07 PM Greg KH wrote: > > > Anyway, my objections: > > > - slow. Seriously, have you tried using it on a slower network > > > connection (i.e. cellular teather, or train/bus wifi, or cafe > > > wifi?) > > I did (train wifi), and found it to be workable, but it might be that > > I have different expectations for speed. > I guess it depends on your train :) I do the train thing quite a bit in different countries, it does depend a lot on where you are. A lot of the time the issue isn't speed, it's reliability - the most common failure mode I see is that the connection speed is fine when it's there but it routinely drops out for periods in more remote areas or due to cell handover issues if you're moving at speed and if you're working interactively even brief drops are very apparent. If you can queue up network interaction so it can happen without you having to sit and wait for it to complete (or manually retry it if it times out) this doesn't really cause any difficulties but if it's stopping you from proceeding it becomes an issue.