Workflows Archive on lore.kernel.org
From: Konstantin Ryabitsev <konstantin@linuxfoundation.org>
To: Kevin Hilman <khilman@baylibre.com>
Cc: workflows@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: get-lore-mbox: quickly grab full threads from lore
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2020 14:53:18 -0500

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 11:30:42AM -0800, Kevin Hilman wrote:
> Konstantin Ryabitsev <konstantin@linuxfoundation.org> writes:
>
> > I'd like your opinion on this quick helper script I wrote that uses any
> > message-id to grab a full thread from lore.kernel.org and save it as a
> > mbox file.
>
> This is very useful, thank you!
>
> One question/request: Is there a way for it to only grab a subset of a
> series?  e.g. Some series contain patches that might end up going
> through a couple different trees (e.g. DT patches typically take a
> separate path than drivers) so as a maintainer for one of the
> subsystems, I might want to only get a subset of the series into an
> mbox, not the whole thing.
>
> IOW, Right now even if I pass a msgid from the middle of the series, it
> finds the whole series (which is cool!), but what if I want to apply
> just that single patch?  Or even better, I might want to only apply
> patches 3-5 and 9 from a 10-patch series.
>
> Is this something do-able?

I think for such cases it's easy enough to just edit the .mbx file to
remove the patches you're not interested in. When you use the '-a' flag,
the content is de-mimefied to remove various mta-transmission cruft like
quoted-printable/base64 encodings, etc -- making it easy to identify and
remove content that is not relevant.

-K

  parent reply index