xdp-newbies.vger.kernel.org archive mirror
* Queuing disciplines with XDP_REDIRECT
@ 2021-03-10 15:30 Rohit M P
From: Rohit M P @ 2021-03-10 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xdp-newbies

Hi folks,

I was experimenting with XDP where I'm able to route the packets using
XDP_REDIRECT.
Could anyone point me towards using kernel queuing disciplines along
with this if it's possible, or other possible alternatives for queuing
disciplines while using XDP_REDIRECT?

Regards,
Rohit M P

* Re: Queuing disciplines with XDP_REDIRECT
@ 2021-03-10 16:52 ` Rob Sherwood
From: Rob Sherwood @ 2021-03-10 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rohit M P; +Cc: xdp-newbies

If you're interested in using the kernel's queuing features (e.g., tc)
there's a separate eBPF attachment point for tc that you might use
directly.  Check out
https://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man8/tc-bpf.8.html if that's of
interest.

- Rob
.

@ 2021-03-15 12:33 ` Toke Høiland-Jørgensen
From: Toke Høiland-Jørgensen @ 2021-03-15 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rohit M P, xdp-newbies

Rohit M P <rohitmp99@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi folks,
>
> I was experimenting with XDP where I'm able to route the packets using
> XDP_REDIRECT.
> Could anyone point me towards using kernel queuing disciplines along
> with this if it's possible, or other possible alternatives for queuing
> disciplines while using XDP_REDIRECT?

This is not currently possible. It's on our radar, though:
https://xdp-project.net/#Queueing-and-QoS - and we have a PhD student
who has started looking into this.

It may be a while before anything concrete materialises, though; in the
meantime you'll have to rely on TC if you want proper queueing with
BPF...

-Toke

* Re: Queuing disciplines with XDP_REDIRECT
@ 2021-03-17 14:33   ` Rohit M P
From: Rohit M P @ 2021-03-17 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Toke Høiland-Jørgensen; +Cc: xdp-newbies

Thank you for the response. Helps a lot!