* what will happen for a floated vcpu?
@ 2016-03-29 20:06 tutu sky
From: tutu sky @ 2016-03-29 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen devel, xen-devel

Hi,
I need to know what happens while a cpu which is running a vcpu, suddenly crash or down? I mean have xen any plane for such a situation?
in other word what will happen for a vcpu which it's related cpu get down suddenly  (i mean for vcpu which has that crashed cpu's affinity)?
Thanks and regurds.

* Re: what will happen for a floated vcpu?
@ 2016-03-31 16:00 ` Dario Faggioli
From: Dario Faggioli @ 2016-03-31 16:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tutu sky, xen devel

On Tue, 2016-03-29 at 20:06 +0000, tutu sky wrote:
> Hi,
> I need to know what happens while a cpu which is running a vcpu,
> suddenly crash or down? I mean have xen any plane for such a
> situation?

I don't understand the question: what does it mean for a cpu to
"suddenly crash"?

It's typically software that crashes. Hardware failures are possible,
of course, but whether they are recoverable or not, and whether there
are plans/code to do that, would depend on what failure we're actually
talking about.

Regards,
Dario

* Re: what will happen for a floated vcpu?
@ 2016-03-31 16:27   ` tutu sky
From: tutu sky @ 2016-03-31 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dario Faggioli, xen devel

Thanks Dario,
Yeah, you are totally right, but software crashes are almost a result of hardware faults. I mean if a part of a core for example register file or maybe floating point unit or even ALU, suddenly stop working or does malfunction, what will happen for the corresponding vcpu which it is running? Does that vcpu crash (as a part of a software) or migrate to another core? You just please imagine recoverable faults. Has Xen any plan for deal with such a situation? what exactly will happen to that vcpu according to that fault (I mean what will be done next)?

Thanks.

@ 2016-04-01 14:18     ` Dario Faggioli
From: Dario Faggioli @ 2016-04-01 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tutu sky, xen devel