On Wed, Oct 09, 2019 at 02:24:31PM +0200, Jan Beulich wrote: > On 09.10.2019 14:21, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki wrote: > > On Wed, Oct 09, 2019 at 02:07:05PM +0200, Jan Beulich wrote: > >> On 09.10.2019 13:52, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki wrote: > >>> I'm talking about Xen->Xen transition here. How system table pointer is > >>> passed from old Xen to new Xen instance? And how the new Xen instance > >>> deals with boot services being not available anymore? > >> > >> It doesn't. I should better have said "* -> Xen transitions" in > >> my earlier reply. I simply can't see how this can all work with > >> EFI underneath without some extra conveying of data from the old > >> to the new instance. > > > > Does it mean the whole discussion about SetVirtualAddressMap() being > > incompatible with kexec is moot, because runtime services (including > > SetVirtualAddressMap()) are not used by Xen after kexec anyway? If I > > understand correctly, you just said the Xen after kexec don't have > > runtime services pointer. > > The concern is about kexec-ing to Linux (based on what I recall > from when I wrote this code; as said the situation may have > changed for modern Linux). But then, Linux won't have EFI system table pointer either, no? I don't see Xen passing it over in any way. -- Best Regards, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki Invisible Things Lab A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?