* [Xen-devel] [RFC] Code of Conduct
@ 2019-08-09 17:48 Lars Kurth
From: Lars Kurth @ 2019-08-09 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel, minios-devel, mirageos-devel, win-pv-devel; +Cc: committers

Hi all,

Following the discussion we had at the Developer Summit (see https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Design_Sessions_2019#Community_Issues_.2F_Improvements_-_Communication.2C_Code_of_Conduct.2C_etc. for notes) I put together a draft for the Code of Conduct which can be found here as well as inlined below
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NnWdU_VnC1N_ZzxQG6jU9fnY2GPVCcfPJT5KY61WXJM/edit?usp=sharing

It is based on the LF Events CoC as we agreed on (the diff is attached). I took the scope and enforcement sections from https://www.contributor-covenant.org/version/1/4/code-of-conduct.html and simplified it rather than inventing something new.

You can provide feedback by commenting on the google doc or by replying to the in-lined version below.
I expect it will some more discussion to get consensus.

Note that I am not very attached to some of the terms, such as "Xen Project CoC  Team" and in some cases "participant" should probably be replaced by community
members.

But I felt, we should have something more concrete to discuss compared to previous discussions.

A Code of Conduct is a project wide policy change: thus, all subprojects lists are CC'ed

Regards
Lars

Here is the actual text
---
# Our Pledge
In the interest of fostering an open and welcoming environment, we as community
members of the Xen Project pledge to making participation in our project and our
community a harassment-free experience for everyone.

We believe that a Code of Conduct can help create a harassment-free environment,
but is not sufficient to create a welcoming environment on its own: guidance on creating
a welcoming environment, how to communicate in an effective and friendly way, etc.
can be found <here>.

# Scope
This Code of Conduct applies within all Xen Project project spaces, and it also applies
when an individual is representing the Xen Project or its community in public spaces.
Examples of representing the Xen Project include using an official project email address,
posting via an official social media account, or acting as an appointed representative
at an online or offline event.

# Expected Behavior
All Xen Project community members are expected to behave in accordance with
professional standards, with both the Xen Project Code of Conduct as well as their
respective employer’s policies governing appropriate workplace behavior, and
applicable laws.

# Unacceptable Behavior
Harassment will not be tolerated in the Xen Project Community in any form,
including but not limited to harassment based on gender, gender identity and
expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race,
age, religion, ethnicity, nationality, level of experience, education, or
socio-economic status or any other status protected by laws in jurisdictions in
which community members are based. Harassment includes the use of abusive,
offensive or degrading language, intimidation, stalking, harassing photography
or recording, inappropriate physical contact, sexual imagery and unwelcome
sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, publishing others' private
information such as a physical or electronic address without explicit permission
and other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a
professional setting.

Any report of harassment within the Xen Project community will be addressed
swiftly. Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to
comply immediately. Anyone who witnesses or is subjected to unacceptable
behavior should notify the Xen Project’s CoC team via conduct@xenproject.org.

# Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the Xen Project’s CoC team may
take any action it deems appropriate, ranging from issuance of a warning to the
offending individual to expulsion from the Xen Project community.

# What To Do If You Witness Or Are Subject To Unacceptable Behavior
Instances of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behavior may be
reported by contacting the Xen Project’s CoC team at conduct@xenproject.org.
All complaints will be reviewed and investigated and will result in a response
that is deemed necessary and appropriate to the circumstances. The Xen Project’s
CoC team is obligated to maintain confidentiality with regard to the reporter of an
incident.

# Attribution
This Code of Conduct is based on the Linux Foundation Events Code of Conduct
(see https://events.linuxfoundation.org/code-of-conduct/). The Scope and What
To Do If You Witness Or Are Subject To Unacceptable Behavior sections of this
code of conduct have been adapted from the Contributor Covenant v1.4.
---