xen-devel.lists.xenproject.org archive mirror
 help / color / mirror / Atom feed
* help
@ 2016-03-23 10:23 Marwa Hamza
  2016-03-23 17:40 ` Building tools for ARM (WAS Re: help) Julien Grall
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 2+ messages in thread
From: Marwa Hamza @ 2016-03-23 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel


[-- Attachment #1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 971 bytes --]

ello
i'm trying to learn more about xen hypervisor .. i install xen in my host
with alpine as domu
and now i'm trying to build xen from source with linux dom0 for an arm
board .. i have a little bit confusion about building xen from the source
here's what i did
i build xen from the source
git clone git://xenbits.xen.org/xen.git

make dist-xen XEN_TARGET_ARCH=arm32 CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf-
CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK=omap5432

then i download the linux kernel from
git clone git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git

i configured and compiled successfully

i have in my sd card the u-boot.img and MLO and zimage xenuimage and the
file system ubuntu .. it worked fine after some problems .. now i'm trynig
to install linux as domu ..

when i wrote xl list ..the output is no command found ... it looks like i
need to install xen but i don't know how .. i'm really confused . where
should i install it and how
does any body can help me
Regards

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: text/html, Size: 7780 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/plain, Size: 126 bytes --]

_______________________________________________
Xen-devel mailing list
Xen-devel@lists.xen.org
http://lists.xen.org/xen-devel

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 2+ messages in thread

* Building tools for ARM (WAS Re:  help)
  2016-03-23 10:23 help Marwa Hamza
@ 2016-03-23 17:40 ` Julien Grall
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 2+ messages in thread
From: Julien Grall @ 2016-03-23 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marwa Hamza, xen-users

(CC xen-user, BCC xen-devel)

On 23/03/16 10:23, Marwa Hamza wrote:
> ello

Hello,

Please have a more meaningful subject. Also the question is not related 
to development so the thread is moved to xen-users.

> i'm trying to learn more about xen hypervisor .. i install xen in my
> host with alpine as domu
> and now i'm trying to build xen from source with linux dom0 for an arm
> board .. i have a little bit confusion about building xen from the source
> here's what i did
> i build xen from the source
> git clone git://xenbits.xen.org/xen.git <http://xenbits.xen.org/xen.git>
>
> make dist-xen XEN_TARGET_ARCH=arm32 CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf-
> CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK=omap5432
>
> then i download the linux kernel from
> git clone
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git
> <http://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git>
>
> i configured and compiled successfully
>
> i have in my sd card the u-boot.img and MLO and zimage xenuimage and the
> file system ubuntu .. it worked fine after some problems .. now i'm
> trynig to install linux as domu ..
>
> when i wrote xl list ..the output is no command found ... it looks like
> i need to install xen but i don't know how .. i'm really confused .
> where should i install it and how
> does any body can help me

You will need to compile and install the tools on the board (see [1]).

Regards,

[1] http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Compiling_Xen_From_Source

-- 
Julien Grall

_______________________________________________
Xen-devel mailing list
Xen-devel@lists.xen.org
http://lists.xen.org/xen-devel

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 2+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2016-03-23 17:40 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 2+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2016-03-23 10:23 help Marwa Hamza
2016-03-23 17:40 ` Building tools for ARM (WAS Re: help) Julien Grall

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for NNTP newsgroup(s).